Wednesday, October 28, 2009

BY THIS AXE THEY RULE!

I followed the advice of Mike Apocalypse and checked out VEDAVU. they just released SUMERIAN AXE's BY THIS AXE I RULE as a lathe cut 7" and TAFKATA's WORKER & PARASITE as a lathe cut 2 x 10" so far. I was stupid enough to just order the SUMERIAN AXE 7" first. when it surfaced today I was so blown away by the music and the packaging that I immediately placed another order for the TAFKATA 2 x 10". I'd love to recommend you order both at once but as I snatched the last copies of the TAFKATA 2 x 10" as well as the SUMERIAN AXE 7" that would somehow be pointless I guess. anyway, back to the SUMERIAN AXE 7"...the cover is a 6 color silk screen print which it's housed in a silk screened cloth-bag that's pro-sewn and the lyric sheet is also a 6 color silk screen print. to make up for the fact that the 7" is a lathe cut the bag includes a pro-done CD-R with the 2 tracks from the 7" and 3 additional live cuts. music-wise SUMERIAN AXE is a gritty mix of HARDCORE/PUNK and BLACK METAL - fast and vicious! if you get the chance to get your hands on this I'd advice you to grab it!

9 comments:

  1. That is the most impressive packaging ever. If I ever see one, I'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ltd. to 52 copies - good luck hunting down one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a record that's not pressed but cut in discs made of a kind of plastic that`s not as hard as vinyl and therefore the grooves start to wear out after playing it for about 20 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sad... rip it before it wears out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, Your Holiness, give us a download! It's totally unavailable anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as the unavailability is intentional: no d/l!

    I asked Jeremy, the man behind VEDAVU what he thinks though. if I get his permission I might re-consider the d/l thing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I glad that when I told you that Jeremy "BoozeBlizzard", and Mike "The Scot" were doing some cool stuff on VEDAVU, you made the right choice and checked it out. Just wait till you get the TAFKATA record in the mail! Your gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can understand where their commin from but still think it's a fuckin shame just lookin at this thing makes my mouth water

    ReplyDelete