Thursday, November 20, 2008

CHRIS' APPROACH TO SMASH THE STATE Pt. I

on a request from Chris, who is one half of MOSH EISLEY, you can get the 1st SMASH THE STATE comp. 12" here. this comp. was released by NO EXIT records and was the follow up to a Canadian PUNK discography book with the same title. it's the re-issue of 6 old (read: unable to get without being very lucky or robbing a bank) Canadian PUNKROCK 7"es. I haven't played this record for I don't know how many years and when I ripped it for Chris I wasn't really excited by any of the bands. it's not really bad but it's way too much ROCK('N'ROLL) for me. most of you probably haven't even heard the names of ARSON, THE FITS, HOT NASTIES, ROCK'N'ROLL BITCHES, DRY HEAVES or STURGEONS neither did I, with the exception of THE FITS, before this comp. was released. if '77 PUNKROCK with a little bit of ROCK'N'ROLL is yours than you might ejoy this comp. more than I do! as you might have guessed from the title there's a vol. II (maybe even a vol. III) which might follow...


9 comments:

  1. jau dangge!
    mal gucken wie mir der 77'er punk so steht.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sag mir wies dir gefällt. ich konnt noch nie besonders viel mit dem ganzen 77'er kram anfangen und heut noch weniger als vor 15 jahren!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i am italian i don't understand a lot..
    but link is possible?i need this comp:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. click the last pic! the round one where it says download!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx a lot bro.. this is the shit blog i got:

    http://www.myspace.com/bibarecords

    ciaooo:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry another question.. the vol 2 and 3 of smash the state is avaiable is some "friend" blog you know??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've Vol. II but I'm not really sure if Vol. III was ever released...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have find bro in this moment the other 2 vol:

    http://modelcitizenzerodiscipline.blogspot.com/2008/08/smash-state.html

    thanx the same :)) i like your blog..

    i want see Strage/egotismo MP3 in your blog in future!!(my powerviolenve release!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. send me STRAGE / EGOTISMO and I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete